LUSH COSMETICS REVIEW

Who doesn't love a good face mask right? These two babies from LUSH Cosmetics are literally a life saver if you have quite a problematic and combination skin type like myself!





LUSH is a world renowned brand and loved for their fresh handmade cosmetics. So for me when it comes to LUSH I am your typical girly girl I love the whole range of products which stems from hair treatments, body lotions, shower gels, solid shampoos to their most famous bath bombs.

Their skin care range is fairly new and I was intrigued at how these face masks are unlike any of their others in the way that these have to be kept refrigerated. I picked up these specific fresh face masks out of their eight piece collection because they are designed for break out prone skin. Each mask retails at £6.75 for 75g of product which is fairly reasonable compared to Glam Glow face masks which are also amazing but stand at £39.95 for pretty much the same thing!

LUSH says this face mask is - "A calming and moisturising fresh face mask packed with blueberries, calamine and chamomile, rose, and almond oils to soothe and soften the skin. We use wholesome blueberries as they are rich in vitamins and minerals, including the antioxidant vitamins A, C, and E that help to protect the skin from damage."
This mask is definitely my favourite of the two. The blueberries in it's ingredients really do make all the difference. Before using this mask I removed my make-up with a wipe and Garnier micellar water and cleansed and toned using Clinique 3 step skin care system in number 2. When my face was fully prepped and dry I applied a generous layer of this over my face and waited for it to work its magic. After 10-15 minutes the face mask set in to almost a clay which is when you know it is done so I rinsed my face with warm water and seriously when I washed off this mask my skin looked so radiant and felt immediately smooth and any redness looked instantly reduced.

LUSH says this face mask is - "A gentle and balancing fresh face mask with antibacterial tea tree and fresh garlic working together to cleanse. Fresh green grapes clean and cool the skin, whilst free range eggs tighten its texture and antimicrobial honey leaves it soft and moisturised."
Before I went to into the LUSH store I did my research and this was the mask that I was most excited about trying as I had heard so many good things about it. Although first thing I have to say about this stuff is that the smell is not pleasant which is to be expected considering it contains fresh garlic, organic free range eggs and tea tree oil along with other natural ingredients. Cosmetic Warrior has a thick consistency which glides easily over your face, I followed the same steps as I did with Catastrophe Cosmetic and after rinsing with warm water my face felt super soft and moisturised with no excess oils. After two weeks of using this twice a week any spots I had had vanished.


The only 'bad' thing I have about these masks is that they do have an expiry date of only three weeks which can lead to wasting quite a bit of the product but it is outlined on the back of the tub with the exact day it runs out which is a plus!

These products are definitely worth it if you have sensitive skin and you are aiming to keep your skin care routine as natural as possible.




Chloe xx





















Comments

Popular Posts